One-to-one online course (Skype/Zoom) for students who want to prepare well for studying at English speaking universities. It is a must course for all students who will be assessed on the basis of their writing (assignments, essays, projects).
Students work with me on a self-selected research project (5,000 words) related to their area of study. Students simultaneously develop Academic English, writing & presentation skills, knowledge management & research skills, and independent learning skills, all within their chosen field of study.
The course develops:
- Academic Writing Skills (Selecting Topic, Searching for Sources, Evaluating Sources, Interactive Reading, Note-taking & Outlining, Critical Reading, Evaluating Evidence, Reading Comprehension, Structuring Arguments/Paragraphs,Synthesising and Analysing, Incorporating Reading into Writing, Drafting & Revising, Referencing)
- Subject specific Academic English (e.g. medicine, IT, business)
- Research skills (quantitative and qualitative research)
- Knowledge management skills
- Seminars and presentation skills
- Academic Software Skills (Scrivener, Zotero, Citavi, SPSS)
Benefits for students:
It is a truly unique, affordable, and effective form of university preparation before students arrive in the UK. The course equips students with all important skills needed at English-speaking universities. Students improve productivity which translates into substantial time savings, less stress, more control, and better quality of academic projects.
I offer students feedback, advice on studying in the UK, books and supplementary materials. Contact me for FREE consultation.